4th Army (France)




The Fourth Army (French: IVe Armée) was a Field army of the French Army, which fought during World War I and World War II.




Contents






  • 1 Commanders


    • 1.1 World War I


    • 1.2 World War II




  • 2 Further reading


  • 3 See also





Commanders



World War I




Tribute to the Fourth Army which liberated Sommepy-Tahure.



  • General Fernand de Langle de Cary (Mobilization - 11 December 1915)

  • General Henri Gouraud (11 December 1915 - 19 December 1916)

  • General Marie Émile Fayolle (19 December 1916 - 31 December 1916)

  • General Pierre Roques (31 December 1916 - 23 March 1917)

  • General François Anthoine (23 March 1917 - 15 June 1917)

  • General Henri Gouraud (15 June 1917 – Armistice)



World War II


  • General Edouard Réquin (2 September 1939 – 6 July 1940)


Further reading



  • Les armées françaises dans la Grande guerre. Vol X, p. 203–263. (online)


See also


List of French armies in WWI










Popular posts from this blog

Solomon Mikhlin

V. V. S. Laxman

IJCAI Award for Research Excellence